My original inspiration was an Ines di Santo wedding gown that was way out of my budget. So I decided to make it myself at about 1/5th of the price. I used silk taffeta in a pale pinkinsh ivory color (15 yards of it!!). The flowers, all 80 of them, are constructed of silk taffeta and silk organza with glass pearl centers. While the dress is quite fitted, it is constructed in a way that the only visible seam on the outside of the dress is the center back seam where it zips. It was very challenging to wrap the the ruching around the dress without any side seams. Each ruched area had to be sewed in place by hand. The dress is actually three layers; the inside (lining), the center layer contains the fit and has princess seams as well as the inner support bodice, the outer layer is the ruched silk.
These are the inspiration dresses that I tried on, they were both by Ines di Santo. The first Ines di Santo dress I tried on had a bubble hem. It was actually a strapless dress but one of the trails of flowers fell off the skirt so I pinned it on the shoulder and it was really cute but then she told me the price.....$10,000 (beautiful, but way too expensive for my budget). The consultant then remembered that there was a one shoulder flower dress that would be in the next week, so I went back.......
The side by side comparison.
Check me out and vote for my design at seven thirty three's knock it off contest.